The Ahlborg Carbo-Loading Method
1. Perform an exhaustive workout one week before a long race (90 minutes-plus).
2. Consume a very low-carb diet (10%) for the next 3-4 days while training lightly.
3. Consume a very high-carb diet (90%) the next 3-4 days while continuing to train lightly.
The No-Depletion Carbo-Loading Method
1. Perform a long workout (but not an exhaustive workout) one week before race day.
2. Eat normally (55-60% carbohydrate) until three days before a longer race.
3. Eat a high-carb diet (70%) the final three days before racing while training very lightly.
The Western Australia Carbo-Loading Method
1. Pre-race week -, eat normally while training lightly until the day before a longer race.
2. Morning of the day before the race - perform a very brief, very high-intensity workout.
3. Consume 12grams of carbs per lb. of body weight over the next 24 hours.
What strategy do you employ before the big race ?